Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Cynical Mechanical Engineer has new outlook on life after seeing student art in the UC




Robert Iglesias, junior in Mechanical Engineering had a spectacular epiphany last Thursday as he was in the UC. Iglesias, a man many call ‘heartless’, ‘Grinch-like’, and ‘devoid of normal human emotions,’ has found happiness and peace after seeing the art of his peers placed in the UC.

“Before I saw those beautiful color photographs of an empty, abandoned factory somewhere in the shitty part of Knoxville no one goes to, I was a complete wretch. For God’s sake, I laughed when Bambi’s mom was shot. I thought it was a comedy! But now, I can’t help but appreciate the wonderful world around me in all its beauty,” Iglesias said as tears started to flow down his face.

“All the wasted years! All because some precious soul was gracious enough to take a picture of themselves in half silhouette,” he sobbed. “Please, I can’t do this right now! It’s just too much!”

While Iglesias pulled himself back from happily sobbing like a little girl, his friends had their own thought on his transformation.

“Ever since Rob saw this crappy multi-layered picture that says, ‘Just Love’ he’s been completely different. I’m still not sure if it’s for the best or not. During a quiz today, he just stopped everything to say how much he loved this entire classroom full of people he didn’t know. It was pretty fucking weird to say the least,” Greg Cofford said, sophomore in physics said. 

“But on the other side, he did stop laughing when Dumbledore dies in Half-Blood Prince. Of course he also insists we only watch classic Disney films now, so I’m saying it’s a wash,” his roommate Carl Heisenberg said.

For good or bad, Iglesias has changed. The young man who gave the sorority girls raising breast cancer awareness a ten minute lecture on why death is inevitable, and why they should just move on with their lives is long gone. In his place is a person who is glad he found happiness and true beauty and truth from a set of sepia-tone nature photographs of a crappy, trash littered forest. 

In fact, Iglesias has set to publishing his own tumblr account full of photos from Instagram. Something about the shallow, cheap photography of coffee mugs and girls studying “sets my heart free! It just makes me feel so alive. I feel sorry for all those people who can’t appreciate and understand the world that I do, and one of my new goals is to make people see their own inner beauty,” he said. 

By Archibald Krakenbarger

No comments:

Post a Comment